Florida real estate laws present both challenges and opportunities for Florida property owners. For more than 20 years, our team of Jacksonville real estate attorneys has helped both residential and commercial clients navigate the following matters throughout North Florida:
- Purchase Agreements
- General Warranty or Quitclaim Deeds
- Estate sale of real property to a third party
- Contract for deed, installment contract or trust deed and related financing documents
- Residential and commercial leases
- Options to purchase or first rights of refusal to purchase
- Zoning applications and appeals
Sometimes parties suffer from poorly drafted legal documents, the absence of a written agreement, or ambiguous laws. While it is advantageous to resolve disagreements short of filing a lawsuit, resolution can be evasive. Attorneys’ Title Services, LLC has helped clients in the following disputes:
- Boundary disputes. These can arise when the deed contains a mistaken legal description. Boundary disputes can also arise where one party has exercised ownership for several years, despite the ownership rights the deed actually conveys to an adjacent owner.
- Quiet title and Partition actions. Sometimes siblings inherit property from their parents as tenants in common and eventually disagree about what to do with the property. In other situations, unmarried relationship partners jointly acquire real estate without a cohabitation agreement. When the relationship ends, their respective investments into the real estate are difficult to resolve. On still other occasions, a joint venture, limited liability company or other small business entity that holds title to property may change ownership. The affected owner(s) interest in the real estate can create conflict.
- Construction projects. Building and home improvement contracts sometimes invoke special consumer protection laws as well as issues concerning workmanship and warranties. An issue common to such contracts is whether an arbitration agreement is enforceable. Our firm is knowledgeable about arbitration proceedings as well as traditional litigation.
- Evictions/Foreclosures. Renters and Purchasers usually sign contracts with the best of intentions, but when things do not work out, you need to pursue the highest and best use of your property.
- Injunctions. If another party’ potential use of property poses an imminent threat, you may need to seek either a temporary restraining order or preliminary injunction. Perhaps the court has summoned you to defend such an action for injunctive relief. Attorneys’ Title Services can represent both petitioners and respondents.
This is not an exhaustive list of real estate litigation but, rather, some of the issues we most frequently encounter at Attorneys’ Title Services, LLC.
Attorney’s Title Services makes it convenient for buyers and sellers to acquire and dispose of property. Whether you are contemplating a cash transaction or financing is involved, we offer valuable services:
- Title searches
- Title insurance policies
- Preparation of documents in compliance with federal and state law
- Seller’s insurance policies
- Escrow services
- Proration of annual assessments, special assessments, fees and taxes
Whether you are an individual, a small business, lender, political subdivision or other entity engaged in the real estate industry, chances are good that we can point you in the right direction. Call us today at (904) 260-0105 or use our convenient online contact form.